Tuesday 2 February 2010

Launching my blog


This being my first blog I'm uncertain as to how best to address you. Based on my love of travel I think that I will simply refer to you as a fellow traveler in life.


Launching this blog has me recalling the myriad of ways in which humans have communicated with one another over time. The British postal service was first made available to the public by Charles I in 1635 - 375 years ago! Then, email came into being around 1973, offering a method for speedy exchanges of digital messages. Today, we (my 80+ year old mother included) engage in social networks, underscoring the importance of communications amongst a community rather than with just to one individual.


Imagine - this blog allows me to share with you words, favorite photos and video, music and audio sounds. The latest measurement recorded 112,000,000 blogs for 2007. And now, even I have become a blogger.


No matter the mechanism employed - be it smoke signals, tin cans with a piece of string between, pen and paper or electronic means - 'may the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in your sight, oh, Lord our strength and our Redeemer.' Psalm 19:14

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Glad to have this and will be eagerly watching for more posts! Have safe travels and may God bless you!!! :) --Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. I look forward to reading your thoughts and comments.

    ReplyDelete